Key points are:
- IT is moving ever more from back-office to the business driver
- In some organisations, IT is the business
- The CIO is increasingly a business role
- Hybrid business/technical skills are most in demand
- Technical specialisms still matter: but what makes the big difference is their marriage with analytical skills, a business understanding and great communication
- IT is a great contributor to unlocking Britain's potential - the focus has to be on training, education and innovation.