I'll be running a revamped and updated version of my From Output to Outcome course through CiB on April 28th in London.
Here's the blurb:
The global economic downturn has placed ever greater responsibility on internal communicators to add tangible value to their organisation. That means being seen to deliver more for the business than simply managing corporate media. This courses links internal communication directly to business strategy so that communicators are delivering communication outcomes that directly contribute to driving the business forward.
You will learn how to:
- make communication an integral part of the business planning process
- use challenge and build with business leaders
- shine when the going gets tough
- think impact first, media second
- make communication a process - not a series of set-piece events
- use the line more effectively to manage messages and response
- manage the communication needs of different audiences
- embrace 'horses for courses'
- create learning loops.
There will also be hints and tips on how communicators can be the conscience, challenge, diplomat, creative genius and commercial guru every organisation needs when times are tough.
About the tutor
Mark Shanahan began his career with a three year stint on Which? magazine, before joining the PR department at Nationwide Building Society in 1989. He subsequently held communication management roles at Barclays Bank and the Forte Hotel Group and has been a director of Leapfrog Corporate Communications for the past nine years. During that time he has worked on major change programmes within Diageo and Orange and has also worked with a wide range of private and public service communication clients, including Aviva, the BBC, CMS Cameron McKenna, Northamptonshire County Council, UBM and United Utilities.
Full booking details are here