Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I'll be inside my Blackberry

In the midst of a significant corporate announcement this morning, set to go live in about 15 minutes.....now in that worrying phase of waiting for someone to spot a flaw in the materials or the process.

So, thought I'd share one of the quirkier aspects of corporate life I've recently been exposed to.

This client has a Blackberry culture - people live or die by their ability to check their emails wherever and whenever - and for many Blackberrying is more or less their occupation.

On a telecon last Friday, I admitted I'd be updating all the documentation for the project on Sunday night at which point another participant piped up 'If you need any help, I'll be inside my Blackberry!'.........somehow it conjured up a strange 1984-esque image.

No comments: