Monday, February 12, 2007

Walking with my feet firmly in the clouds

I'm enjoying the day job at the moment - loads to do; an interesting variety of work and even a few breakthroughs with new clients and opportunities for trade and consumer magazine writing.

But I'm still a big kid at heart. So when I saw this, I had to put my name down.........Possibly it'll give me the impetus to rid myself of those extra 20lbs I'm carrying around, and get my fitness levels back to somewhere near they once were pre-kids.

I don't even like roller coasters, but going even to the edge of space is an experience I'd trade most things in my life for.

They say the space experience has never truly been translated for Joe Public because those who've travelled beyond the earth's atmosphere have been engineers and test pilots, scientists rather than those paid to have a way with words. Maybe it's time a workaday writer got to tell the story of a lifetime?

Anyway, I won't hold my breath, but I can still dream.

No comments: