Monday, October 17, 2005

And it was all yellow

Apparently, I'm yellow. I found out last week on a devlopment day. I've got a few red tendencies; I'm certainly not green, and there's precious little blue about me.

So what does it all mean?

Well, yellows are your common or garden 'people people'. We're expressive and direct, curious and impulsive. We're good communicators and can be persuasive. We love the big picture - but don't want to be bogged down in the detail. We laugh easily, like varety and enjoy the people we meet. We're creative and great at starting things off......but we're not completer finishers.

I once worked in a team of three where all of us were yellow people - it was great fun, a chatty, warm environment....but as for getting anything out the door....pah!

It's good to know I'm yellow - and that I need some blues, greens and even a red or two around me. I think I'm probably a fish and 13 too...!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m guessing that you've completed an HBDI profile? I'm very yellow AND very red, with a little bit of green and absolutely NO blue (I actually scored zero on blue!). My colleagues have also been profiled. Having this info has helped us develop balanced project teams, communicate more effectively, and unravel misunderstandings faster. I personally prefer HBDI to Myers Briggs… similar principles but distilled into an easy-to-remember format.

Mark Shanahan said...

It was a Behavioural Style Inventory exercise - very similar to HBDI.